FORMAT FOR EACH SESSION
- Begin with the prayer for specific for each session
- Watch the TED talk video
- Watch the reflection video by one of the pastoral team members
- Pray over the scripture passage
- Review Personal Reflection Questions
If you have any questions please e-mail the parish at [email protected] or call the parish office at 519-471-4220
SESSION #1 – The Art & Science of Suffering
Dear Lord, forgiveness is at the heart of being your disciple. Strengthen me during this retreat that I may live out the GOLDEN RULE in every aspect of my life helping to build forgiveness, compassion and hope in our world. May I have the courage to seek the changes needed in my life with your help, so that I may always be a sign of love and light. May this retreat journey be a time of grace, conversion and renewal for me and all those who I walk with in this sacred experience. AMEN.
JULIA DEGANGI TED TALK
FR. JOHN VIDEO REFLECTION
At that time Jesus said, ‘I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infants; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
‘Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.’
PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
(1) What part of the mystery of suffering are you looking to find answers for?
(2) How does our suffering help us belong to one another?
(3) How can we truly seek to care for our wounds or the wounds of others?
(4) What helps us stay in our suffering so we can persevere through it?
(5) Where is God in the midst of our suffering and can we learn from Him?