FORMAT FOR EACH SESSION
- Begin with the prayer for specific for each session
- Watch the TED talk video
- Watch the reflection video by one of the pastoral team members
- Pray over the scripture passage
- Review Personal Reflection Questions
If you have any questions please e-mail the parish at [email protected] or call the parish office at 519-471-4220
SESSION #1 – Choice, Happiness & Spaghetti Sauce
Dear Lord, open my heart and my life to your grace as I begin this retreat. May I be open to the gifts of light and hope you are offering me. May I surrender myself to you as a faithful and loving disciple ready and willing to serve those in need. As I begin this spiritual journey, give me the courage to let you guide me along the path to transform my life and send me out into the world as a sign of your love and joy!!. AMEN.
MALCOLM GLADWELL TED TALK
FR. JOHN VIDEO REFLECTION
‘I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine-grower. He removes every branch in me that bears no fruit. Every branch that bears fruit he prunes to make it bear more fruit. You have already been cleansed by the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. Whoever does not abide in me is thrown away like a branch and withers; such branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.
‘This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from my Father. You did not choose me but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask him in my name. I am giving you these commands so that you may love one another.
PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
(1) What are you expecting during this online retreat and what do you need to let go so that God may guide you during this time?
(2) What are the things that I think will make me happy? How can I know? How can I dig deeper to discover what will truly make me happy?
(3) How do I continue to abide in Jesus and He in me? What are the things and moments that feed my faith?
(4) What are the some of the various branches of the tree of faith? (Can you identify various ways people life their faith?)
(5) As a disciple of Christ—how can I lay down my life for others today?