FORMAT FOR EACH SESSION
- Begin with the prayer for specific for each session
- Watch the TED talk video
- Watch the reflection video by one of the pastoral team members
- Pray over the scripture passage
- Review Personal Reflection Questions
If you have any questions please e-mail the parish at [email protected] or call the parish office at 519-471-4220
SESSION #3 – What a World Without Prisons Could Look Like
Thank you for the gift of our Catholic Faith and our parish community
Help us to share our care with one another.
Give us courage to experience each day as a new beginning filled with hope.
May our thoughts, words and actions guide us to do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with you
May our eyes see the goodness in all relationships.
May our ears seek to understand others.
May our lips proclaim your words of truth and forgiveness.
May our hearts be a dwelling place for peace.
May our hands do works to repair harm.
May our feet walk in the restorative way of Jesus, your son and our friend. Amen
DEANNA VAN BUREN TED TALK
ROBERTA GIBSON VIDEO REFLECTION
Isaiah 30:18-19, 21
The Lord is waiting to be merciful to you. He is ready to take pity on you because he always does what is right. Happy are those who put trust in the Lord. The Lord is compassionate, and when you cry for him for help, he will answer you. If you wander off the road to the right or the left, you will hear his voice behind you saying, here is the road follow it.
PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
(1) What Does justice feel like?
(2) What Does justice look like?
(3) How is restorative thinking different?
(4) How do you heal relationships?
(5) How do we forgive when we are hurting?