FORMAT FOR THE SESSION
- Begin with the prayer specific for each session
- Watch the TED talk video
- Watch the reflection video by Fr. John
- Watch the Rend Collective Video – LIVE ALIVE
- Pray over the scripture passage
- Review Personal Reflection Questions
If you have any questions please e-mail Fr. John at [email protected]
SESSION #5 – Mindset Is More Important Than Strategy
Opening Prayer – You Are With Us
God of Love,
You are with us in every transition and change,
As we enter into this new era with excitement and even some anxiety,
We recall you deep compassion, presence, and abounding love.
We thank you for the gifts, talents and skills with which you have blessed us.
We thank you for the experiences that have brought us to this moment.
We thank you for the work of others that gives breadth and depth to our own work.
Be with us as we move forward, rejoicing with you and supporting one another.
We ask this in your Holy Name.
– Author Unknown
PRESTON PUGMIRE TED TALK
Mindset is More Important than Strategy: The Most Important Step to Accomplish Your Goals Preston believes that Mindset is more important than Strategy. After spending years as a struggling musician, everything changed when he shifted his mindset. He quickly became the top booked musical performer in the country at colleges and universities. After several years, he added a personal development message to his performances, and that took everything to the next level. Using his Mindset before Strategy philosophy, he moved into motivational speaking and eventually launched a podcast that debuted on iTunes at No. 1 in the world in its category.
FR. JOHN VIDEO REFLECTION
Philippians 2:1-8 – Encouragement in Christ
If then there is any encouragement in Christ, any consolation from love, any sharing in the Spirit, any compassion and sympathy, make my joy complete: be of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility regard others as better than yourselves. Let each of you look not to your own interests, but to the interests of others.
Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus,
who, though he was in the form of God,
did not regard equality with God
as something to be exploited,
but emptied himself,
taking the form of a slave,
being born in human likeness.
And being found in human form,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to the point of death—
even death on a cross.
PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
(1) What helps you maintain a positive mindset?
(2) What do you do when you are feeling negative or thinking things are impossible?
(3) What have you learned during these five sessions of the retreat?
(4) How has this retreat helped you MAKE TIME for what is important? What will you do after journeying through these five sessions?
(5) What helps you find a place and time for silence, reflection & prayer?